Polarity has more than 40 years of design and fabrication experience related to high-power microwave systems; high-voltage test machines; high-power, high-voltage, solid-state modulators; and ultra-low-noise, high-voltage power supplies.
All systems are designed with MTBF and serviceability in mind for the highest product value.
Please review Polarity's customized solutions capabilities below for ideas on configuring your custom high voltage system or high voltage component. If your requirement is not specifically mentioned here, please contact us and we’ll be glad to discuss options with you.
High Power Modulator Design
- 1.2KV to 50KV, 1 to 1000A - Solid State Modulators
- 10KV to 100KV, 1 to 100A - Vacuum Tube Modulators
- Modulators can be packaged in rack mountable enclosures, pressurized oil tanks, pressurized SF6 enclosures, epoxy potted modules, or low corona air cooled enclosures.
High Voltage Resonate RF Amplifier Design
- 2KV pk to pk @ 1MHz, single or dual output, drives 10 -150pf
- 2KV pk to pk @ 1.5MHz, single or dual output, drives 10 -150pf
- 1 - 3KV pk to pk @ 2MHz, single or dual output, drives 10 - 150pf
These resonate amplifiers can be rack mounted or built on a single PCB. All systems include voltage and current monitoring and frequency adjust for resonate tuning.
Options: These systems can also be outfitted with a high-speed crowbar system that clamps the output to less than 100volts in less than 500ns. This crowbar system provides a sync pulse output and extraction duration (adjust) all relative to the crowbar event.
Power Supply Design
Ultra low noise linear power supplies:
- 300V to 5KV, 500W max - Small Pak
- Linear Ultra Low Noise - 10kV to 50kV, 100kW
- Switch Mode - 10kV to 50kV, 50kW max.
Switch mode power supplies:
- DC to DC converters - Input 12 - 48VDC, output to 15KVDC, 2000W max
- High Voltage DC to Low Voltage DC converters - Input 500 - 3500VDC, 10kW
- AC to DC converters - Input 120 to 480VAC, output to 50KVDC, 50KW
High Power Microwave Amplifier Design
- High power microwave systems - 5KW-100KW CW to 5MW peak
- Design to mil-spec ultra low noise, high power radar and communication amplifiers.
- Design to commercial spec high power CW or pulsed industrial microwave systems.
Monitor and Control Development
- Polarity provides software and firmware development for embedded controllers and system automation. Our software engineers can integrate all types of test equipment (HP, Lecroy, Tektronix, etc.) to fully automate manufacturing and testing procedures.
- Programming languages include: C, C++, Turbo Pascal, Visual Basic (VBA)
- Air and water cooled thermal plates - 1KW to 50KW
- Forced air cooling systems
- Thermal design at component and system level.
- Liquid to air - 10KW to 100KW
- Liquid to gas to air - 10KW to 100KW
High voltage management
- Expertise in corona suppression and component layout for serviceability and high voltage isolation.
- Experts in dielectric selection for high voltage isolation
- Safety procedures and related equipment